english francais
The barn of the mill (1839)

The barn of the mill (1839)


The barn in timber-framing was erected by a local carpenter in 1839. It served as a big store-room for cereals, firewood, boards for the mill equipment and ready-made oak planks and piers for the wooden bridge. For some years around 1900 it was used as a place for thrashing the farmers' sheafs of rye against pay. 

At present, here the fellowship of the watermill shows historic farm machinery that had been used for cultivating and harvesting grain.